The Internet Monthly is a monthly podcast featuring 20 or so short Internet related articles, tips and tricks and a regular search engine of the month feature.
In this month’s issue you can find out how to help prevent on-line fraud by forwarding scam e-mails to the police and block web sites you don’t want to see in Google’s search results.
You can also learn how to do everything much faster on-line with two new browsers, and get involved in On-line Silver Surfers Day to win £1,000.
This Month’s Podcast
The Internet Monthly – April 2011:
Or, download: podcast_apr11.mp3 [21’ 20”, 9.8MB]
This Month’s Articles
This month’s edition of The Internet Monthly podcast contains the following articles. A list of links associated with each article are included for reference:
- SEND SCAM E-MAILS HERE – 24-hour online fraud reporting service
- ACTION FRAUD REPLIES – Reported spam mails being bounced
- VENTURING TO THE VALLEY – Venture capital from Silicon Valley
- FOLLOWING TWITTER TO TEXAS – SXSW Interactive festival
- HOME VISITS BOOST WEB SUCCESS – Improving e-commerce sites
- IRELAND’S FACEBOOK PROMO – Facebook game promoting Irish tourism
- HOLIDAY LETS – Rent cheap apartments for your next holiday
- GOOGLE ACQUIRES UK MONEY SHOPPER – Google buys comparison site
- HELP SILVER SURFERS – National campaign to get older people online
- LIBRARIES FACE E-BOOK PRICE HIKE – Publishers raising e-book charge
- SITE FLIPPER – Online tool to minimise websites for easy reading
- INTERNET EXPLORER NINE – Microsoft updates Internet Explorer
- FASTER FIREFOX – Firefox version 4 released
- WEB VISITS TO GAIN MORE PRIVACY – Browsers increasing privacy
- GOOGLE EXCLUSION TOOL – Block websites from Google’s results
- CONTENT FARMS PLOUGHED UNDER – Google update improving search?
- X-CERTIFICATE – Adult websites getting xxx domain name extension
- BOTNET SWOOP – Spam computer networks shut down
- SOCIAL INCLUSION – Search engines show social network results
- SEARCH ENGINE OF THE MONTH – Search query sharing system