The Internet Monthly is a monthly podcast featuring 20 or so short Internet related articles, tips and tricks and a regular search engine of the month feature.
This month’s podcast features a new browser add-on from Google that tests your website’s performance, the cyber-squatter name checker that covers 120 social media sites and new domain names that will cost businesses £10,000 each.
There’s news about how Dell increased sales by Twittering and why Comet is publishing customer feedback. You can also find out how to automate your updates across 40 sites at once and make sure you’re found on Google, and where to get Windows 7 for free and Snow Leopard for only £20.
This Month’s Podcast
The Internet Monthly – July 2009:
Or, download: podcast_jul09.mp3 [17’ 55”, 8.2MB]
This Month’s Articles
This month’s edition of The Internet Monthly podcast contains the following articles. A list of links associated with each article are included for reference:
- FREE BOOST FOR BROADBAND SPEEDS – Zen internet upgrades internet speeds for all customers for free
- BRAND NEW DOMAINS – Branded company domains becoming available
- SOCIAL CYBERSQUATTING – Protect your brand names online
- COMET ADDS WEB 2.0 TAIL – Customers answer each other’s questions
- TWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS – Dell sell millions online via twitter
- AUTOMATED TWITTERING – Schedule your twittering when you’re busy
- ONE-STOP SOCIAL NETWORKING – Update all your social networking sites from one place
- WAKOOPA – See what applications people are using
- GOOGLE PROFILES – Control what Google says about you
- GOOGLE SPEED SCORE – How fast does your webpage load?
- 5-SECOND WEB SITE TEST – Quick test of your website’s memorability
- WINDOWS 7 – Get the new Microsoft operating system for free
- WINDOWS DRIVESPACIO– See what’s filling up your hard discs
- USB THREE – USB for the next generation
- YUUGUU IF YOU WANT TO – Remote control of PCs
- SNOW LEOPARD – Upgrade your Mac operating system
- MAC MAIL – Convert windows mail messages to Mac format
- TURN OFF TIME-WASTING SITES – An anti-procrastination tool
- SEARCH ENGINE OF THE MONTH – Microsoft’s new search engine