The Internet Monthly is a monthly podcast featuring 20 or so short Internet related articles, tips and tricks and a regular search engine of the month feature.
In this month’s issue you can find out about the full 1986 Domesday Project rescued from 12-inch laser discs going online; the new all-stats British search engine and why Web Site load times can determine how well you sell.
You can also learn how Android phones can leak personal data and how to lock-up your sensitive information.
This Month’s Podcast
The Internet Monthly – June 2011:
Or, download: podcast_jun11.mp3 [19’ 08”, 8.9MB]
This Month’s Articles
This month’s edition of The Internet Monthly podcast contains the following articles. A list of links associated with each article are included for reference:
- DOMESDAY REVISITED – BBC Domesday project modernised
- UPDATING DOMESDAY – 1986 Domesday data being update online
- HELP A TECHNOPHOBE – Help friends and family to get online
- JOURNEY PLANNER – Plan car, bus, coach and rail journeys in the UK
- TRAFFIC BEAT – Check traffic problems in real time in many countries
- SONY BACK PACK – Sony making amends for recent network problems
- ANDROID PHONES LEAKING PERSONAL DATA – 99% vulnerable
- LOCK UP YOUR (PHONE) DATA – Protect your smartphone’s data
- FILE TO PHONE SENDER – Send files to mobiles and e-mail addresses
- PASSWORD SECURITY – Collect all your passwords in one place
- CAMCARDER – Scan business cards and OCR them on your phone
- SPEED MATTERS – Quicker websites keep customers happy
- SITE CHECK – See what the web thinks of your website
- MOBILE ADS UP – Advertisers targeting mobiles more and more
- IMPROVE SEARCH POSITIONS WITH TWITTER – Optimise your twitter account for search engines
- TWITTER BUT MOSTLY FACEBOOK MARKETING FAVOURITES – Businesses target Facebook and Twitter for social marketing
- BING AS YOU LIKE IT – Bing tightens links with Facebook
- FACEBOOK GOOGLE WARS – Facebook dirty tricks against Google
- THE BUBBLE QUESTION – Dot Com bubble version 2?
- SEARCH ENGINE OF THE MONTH – Find statistics on the web