The Internet Monthly is a monthly podcast featuring 20 or so short Internet related articles, tips and tricks and a regular search engine of the month feature.
In this month’s issue you can find out how to make sure your name won’t be attached to an xxx domain, learn about computerised pot plants and the odd affair of the Minister, his Facebook wall and Jacobaea vulgaris.
You can also hear about ghost-town jibes as Google+ opens to all-comers, road works and holes you can’t fall into by the UK’s leading pavement artist, and ‘font art’.
This Month’s Podcast
The Internet Monthly – October 2011:[audio:http://www.richardfarrar.com/audio/podcast_oct11.mp3]
Or, download: podcast_oct11.mp3 [21’ 57”, 10MB]
This Month’s Articles
This month’s edition of The Internet Monthly podcast contains the following articles. A list of links associated with each article are included for reference:
- SPACE AGE SICK BAY– Real time monitoring of diseases
- GAMERS ADVANCE AIDS RESEARCH– Computer models enzymes
- WIRELESS TECH TO SOLVE SIDS– Remote monitoring of sleep patterns
- MINISTER FACED OFF FACEBOOK– MP backs down on Facebook
- AS OTHERS SEE YOU– Search your professional profile as an employer
- TRIPLE-X DOMAIN OPT-OUT OFFERED– Protect your modesty
- LIMITERS COME OFF SPONSORED TWEETS– Adverts in Twitter
- TWEET TRADEMARK BATTLE– “Tweets” in a trademark battle
- GOOGLE+ UNLOCKED– Google+ opened to everyone
- TUMBLEWEED TALES– Is Google+ really a ghost town?
- MANAGING GOOGLE+– How to manage or cancel your Google accounts
- GOOGLE DRUGS BUST– Google fined for advertising foreign drugs
- COMPUTERISED POT PLANTS– Growing plants the high-tech way
- FROM PAPER TO PC– A digital pen to directly capture your creations
- FOR ART LOVERS– Pavement art in perspective
- SARTALICS– A new font to help express sarcasm in e-mails and texts
- HIT SOUNDS FOR EVs– Sound FX for electric cars
- A READER WRITES– An earlier version of the PC
- SEARCH ENGINE OF THE MONTH– Searching more productively?